Here at Improve Presentation we build slide decks on a daily basis. It’s what we do. Whether it’s custom work for our clients or a presentation template for the masses, there are some basic rules we try to follow when creating a new slide deck.
We decided to share some of these tips & pointers with you, for when you need to rustle up a big presentation yourself. The course is all about building engaging and beautiful slides from A to Z. For now, we won’t go into storytelling techniques or content development.
We assume, at this point, that you know what you want to say and maybe even have some slides ready but you want to make them more meaningful.
Here are 20 fundamental topics we want to cover:
- Treat your audience like a king
- Choosing the right aspect ratio
- How many slides should I have?
- Design not decoration
- Choosing the background
- Choosing the right colors
- Choosing the fonts
- Images: Photos
- Images: Illustrations
- Using diagrams & icons
- Displaying data
- Arranging Elements: Contrast
- Arranging Elements: Flow
- Arranging Elements: Hierarchy
- Arranging Elements: Unity
- Arranging Elements: Proximity
- Arranging Elements: Whitespace
- Creating movement – Animations
- Building a template
We’ll try to keep it short and simple and post a new chapter every week!
This is a blog written by Improve Presentation. We are presentation experts. We design high quality Powerpoint Templates and Keynote Templates and create custom unique slidedecks for our clients. See our work